Thank you for joining the Walking with Brandon Foundation’s Therapy and Beyond multi-disciplinary rehabilitative program.
Your details will be shared with the appropriate practitioner(s) to start you on your rehabilitative journey.
The POPI Act compels us to comply with the new regulations effective 1st July 2021.
Please assist us to facilitate this process by completing the below form and thereby giving permission to your practitioner/s to share it with the Walking with Brandon Foundation’s information officer for record-keeping and marketing purposes.
Less than 20% of South Africans have medical aid, meaning that the vast majority of the population depends on government funding for healthcare. With little access to long-term rehabilitation, few people reach the full potential of their physical abilities.
The Walking with Brandon Foundation (WWBF) strives to develop the facilities and knowledge required in South Africa to properly provide for the long-term rehabilitative needs of all individuals with neurological disabilities. Our philosophy is to first provide you with the most advanced and effective physical rehabilitation and then help take you BEYOND what you previously thought your body is capable of.
In light of these goals, subsidised sessions for the financially restricted are offered at our Therapy and Beyond Rehabilitation Centres.
Subsidy Programme Application Process
- A doctor’s report of injury/disorder and clearance for moderate to vigorous exercise.
- A one-page motivational letter describing why you need physical rehabilitation and what goals you would like to achieve.
- An affidavit confirming your financial status, along with:
- Your latest salary slip and 3 months’ bank statements of patient (if unemployed, then the highest earning individual in the immediate family);
- A list of immediate family assets (property, vehicles etc.) and value; and
- The total monthly household income and a list of dependents on this income.
- Patients approved for the Subsidy Program will receive a maximum of 12-weeks of rehabilitation before having to submit a motivation letter to the Walking with Brandon Foundation’s Subsidy Program of motivating the need to continue rehabilitation. You will need to acquire this letter and information from your practitioner and submit it to the WWBF.
- The outcome of your application and your financial contribution towards your rehabilitation will be decided within 10 working days of receipt of your application and accompanying documentation.
- The Walking with Brandon Foundation’s PR team media team may require that you share your story and experience of the program as a means of promoting the WWBF and Therapy and Beyond Centres. This content may be shared across multiple platforms such as television, radio and social media and we will require you to sign a separate consent form giving us this permission.
Alternatively, you can request a copy by emailing POPIA@walkingwithbrandon.org.
All your personal documentation and information transferred to us during the application process will be managed in line with the stipulations of the POPI Act.
By signing below, you consent to transfer your personal documents and information to the WWBF’s Subsidy Program and to the appointed practitioner as discussed with you.